Monday, November 10, 2008

God in unlikely places

Hubby and I are a little behind times when it comes to "Must see TV"...we rarely (OK never) watch series. But...sometime last year we came across re-runs of the "X" Files. Hubby doesn't sleep well and tends to be up at odd hours, and that's when they show these. We found them interesting...just because nothing is too far fetched! For his birthday, he received a boxed set with all 9 seasons and we are watching them. Sometimes one episode a week, sometimes 5 episodes in one evening.

Last night I showed one to the youth called "Revelations"...it had all the components to launch a million questions but it was also a great example of how God speaks to us today...imagine a series dealing with aliens and the paranormal touching on God and miracles. Needless to say the youth were thrilled to watch a DVD rather than listen to me for an hour and I was thrilled to find God in the most unlikely of places. I will do a better job of keeping my eyes open from now on!

No comments: