Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life...

Jon at Asbo Jesus has a way of saying so much with a picture. I know the old quote "A picture is worth a thousand words" but he applies it spiritually and doesn't shy away from the "hard" stuff. Once again he has much to say here:



I doubt there are many of us living the life we imagined while growing up. I never dreamed I would be where I am, doing what I do at this stage of life. That's not a complaint. There have been blessings and there have been struggles, and I'm sure there will be more in the future, but the blessings far outweigh the struggles.

I would not be the first to compare a life lived to a Smith creating a beautiful
sword. It is a long laborious process of melting, pouring, heating, cooling, pounding, sanding, shaping, buffing, shining and sharpening...and so is life. Each blessing a respite for your weary soul, each struggle or temptation part of the creation of the person you are or are meant to be.

When you think back on your childhood and realize that perhaps it's not as you dreamed it would be...take a few extra moments to count YOUR blessings and you may discover your life to be oh so much more than you ever thought possible...

No comments: