Thursday, March 6, 2014

Beauty!

It was a life long dream...
In my eyes, no creature on the face of the earth could match the beauty and grace of a whale. All the pictures and video I had watched over the years filled me with awe.
Several years ago I had the great good fortune to go on a "whale watch" out of Boston. At the very limit of our distance we came upon a calf, rolling in the water and smacking his fins. The marine biologist on our trip talked the captain into waiting just a few moments...she knew the mother would come up to check on her child. Sure enough, she did and she was the most magnificent thing I have ever seen. I had tears in my eyes as I tried to take pictures. It was a blessing to behold...

The video attached was taken using a drone...it's well worth 5 minutes of your time...



Details are here...

No comments: