Monday, March 31, 2008

Honoring Parents

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right" (Ephesians 6:1).

Your parents' opinions matter to God. Showing your father and mother respect and consideration in the decisions you make is important. Parents aren't perfect, of course. Sometimes giving them honor and obeying them is difficult. However, obedience is the greater good. While you're under the authority and provision of your parents, you honor God by doing what they ask.

I'm often asked, "What if my parents ask me to do something illegal or something that will harm me?" In that situation, your job is to seek help from someone who has authority over your parents. Remember, it's not God's will for you to endure abuse.

With each decision that you make you should ask yourself, will my parents be pleased with my decision?

No comments: