Thursday, April 2, 2009

Loss of Innocence...

Why is it as we age we find it hard to experience the joy in life? Is it because we see the sorrow and suffering in the world? Do we take it upon ourselves to grieve and perhaps fight for those less fortunate?

God calls us to do these things but I think He wants us to be able to fight the good fight but still maintain joy. After all, does He not call us to come to him as little children? When my children were very young I had the blessing to be able to be a stay at home mom for a few years. We listened to music often (on vinyl no less)...I can still see Kate dancing around the living room whenever she heard this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNxKnLmOH4

Dancing with joy and abandon...I bet God was smiling along with us...

No comments: