Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks...

I was digging through my nightstand drawer last night...if yours is like mine, it is the depository for all things that you have no place to put but wouldn't dare throw away...and discovered a Mother's Day Present from my son, from 1993. A little ceramic pillow that says "Happy Mother's Day" and when you push the button on the back it plays "Somewhere over the Rainbow". Joy, of Joy's, it still plays!

I spent a few minutes thinking of the child he was and the young man he has become...and then of my daughter, my husband, my grand-son, my late parents and grandparents, the sister I lost 2 years ago and all of my husbands beautiful, warm family, his parents, sisters, brothers, in-laws and nieces. It dawned on me how many that involves and I didn't even get to extended family and friends. I have all these to be thankful for, and that is just the people!!!

We're told to count our blessings and I for one do not do it often enough...If you're the one chosen to say the blessing before your Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, don't take time to mention each one or the cooks will kill you (not to mention all the famished guests)! But sometime during the day take a few moments, lift up your heart to God and be glad...for He is Gracious to us!

No comments: