Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Love...

Why is it that we tend to be nicer to acquaintances and even strangers than we are to those who love us?

Does the fact that they have committed their hearts to us give us liberty to not always treat them with kindness? They know us best so, they will forgive us when we lash out or are forgetful. They know how we feel, we don't always have to keep reminding them....right? Wrong...It is never right to hurt someones feelings just because you can.

At the end of a bad day of work, it's terribly easy to go home and take out our frustrations on family and friends. I don't really mean it...speaking harsh words or making impossible demands will make me feel better. I have to face it at work, what's the big deal if they get the short end of the stick when I finally get home? Like I said, it makes me feel better...or does it? It may relieve some stress initially but then I see the hurt in their eyes and have to wonder what I have accomplished? Did I make the world (my world) a better place just letting off some steam? I think not.

I am blessed to have people in my life who love me unconditionally. Whether I'm happy, sad or mad. They have made a commitment to me...to love me...support me...protect me...encourage me...surround me with love...don't they deserve a little kindness in return?

I'll never be perfect and that may be one of the things they love about me...no, I'll never be perfect but I can do my very best to never hurt those precious people who mean the most to me...and when I do, I can be quick with my apology. They may know deep down that I love them unconditionally in return and what better way to remind them than to tell them...again and again.

Love someone today...with every fiber of your being. It's a delicious feeling...

No comments: