Monday, March 1, 2010

Music

There are few things in this world that touch us like music. It can cheer us, make us ponder, make us blue, lift our spirits, open our eyes, break our hearts, take our breath, make us humble, remind us, bring us joy. I have had a life long love affair with music. Don't get me wrong, I can't play an instrument and can only marginally sing but I couldn't love it more. No one thing in this world can affect me so quickly and completely as a song. I thank God that He has given us the wondrous gift.

Speaking of gifts, the first time I heard this rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, it took my breath...close your eyes and let the song flow...




My grandson's dance class will be preforming a ballet to this music during their spring recital...imagine hearing this song while watching 4 - 6 year olds at their most graceful...truly an image made in heaven.

No comments: