Friday, July 30, 2010

Centerfield!

Many years ago hubby and I took our children to Atlanta for a Braves baseball game (it became an annual tradition for many years). It was in the old stadium and daughter and I had great seats...3rd base line, 4 rows up. During one inning, Dave Justice had made his way to 3rd base. Daughter was quite thrilled that he was so close...I was wrapped up in the game. There was a hit deep to centerfield and I stood up and yelled..."Tag up and Run!"...he did and scored. Not because he heard me or even needed my help. He did it because he was a professional player.

Needless to say, daughter was beyond embarrassed! I was the lone person standing up telling a professional player what to do next. If I told you I had been up to my eyeballs in Little League for several years, would it make it understandable? I didn't need to explain myself to those surrounding me...they all thought it was great.

Does that give you an idea what I think of baseball? Tonight there are several of us travelling to Nashville to watch their Triple-A minor league team...The Nashville Sounds! Can't wait!

No comments: