Friday, July 30, 2010

How Children learn...


by Asbo Jesus

I know you can tell that Asbo Jesus' cartoons hit home with me...I've linked to several of them. He has a way of going straight to the point.

This one hurts....me. It breaks my heart to hear a parent talk to their child in this manner. And it happens, all too often. And then the parents wonder why the children grow up with low self esteem or worse, depression or even worse, taking their own lives.

While I know many parents grew up in abusive homes, it does not give them the right to perpetuate this behavior. Those who have felt the sting of criticism should have a clearer understanding of the repercussions. God charges us with loving and teaching the young ones in our lives. I cannot help but believe He will hold us accountable for each and every time we damage them. Mentally or physically. By the same token, He will bless us for providing them a nurturing environment..

Children don't come with "owner's manuals"...mainly because we don't own them. They belong to God, we are merely their caretakers...it is our privilege and duty.

No comments: