Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday...

Am I the only person that thinks there is something wrong with calling the first official day of Christmas shopping "Black Friday"? It sounds kind of sinister to me. Perhaps it's because I'm not a "shopper". I am a buyer. I decide what I want, or what I need to purchase and then I go buy. Whether it's groceries or Christmas gifts...I just don't "get in to" the whole wandering around and looking for a deal. Needless to say, with the relative ease of "on-line" shopping, I visit the stores less and less.

Now for those of you that cannot begin the Christmas season without the marathon of shopping that is Black Friday, I say have fun! Hope you find everything you need or want. I pray that you are safe during your travels on the highway and through the stores! While I know you won't miss me...know I will be thinking of you while I'm home decorating my tree.

And as this is the first official day of Christmas (even though Advent doesn't start until Sunday), one of my all time favorite Christmas Carols...

No comments: