Thursday, June 23, 2011

Texting Codes

"Texting" with teenagers (or maybe your own children)can prove to be difficult at best. First, they are speed demons when it comes to typing their conversation! In the time it takes me to decide to send a text and then decide what to say, they have probably exchanged ideas three or four times.

Don't even get me started on the "codes" they use...BFF (best friends forever); TTFN (ta ta for now), IMHO (in my humble opinion), BTW (by the way)...FWIW (for what it's worth) and those are just the ones I know...and there are hundreds of them. Needless to say, I have had to ask a Youth to translate!

Fortunately, someone has written codes for those of who are no longer considered young...it's a shame, but I can relate!

BFF: Best friend fell
BTW: Bring the wheelchair
BYOT: Bring your own teeth
FWIW: Forgot where I was
GHA: got heartburn again
IMHO: Is my hearing aid on?
LMDO: laughing my dentures out
ROFLACGU: rolling on floor laughing and can't get up

Well, you get the idea...

No comments: