Saturday, May 19, 2012

Praying

On Maundy Thursday, the Church of England asked "What would you pray for with Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemani?" The ICM survey showed the following to be the most popular answers to“Irrespective of whether you currently pray or not, if you were to pray for something at the moment, what would it be for?” :

  • A family member
  • Peace for the world
  • Healing for another
  • Less stress in my life
  • An end to world poverty
  • Guidance
  • Thankfulness
  • My partner
  • Prosperity
  • A friend
  • Healing for myself
  • Marriage or relationship
  • Forgiveness
  • Work
  • My spiritual life
  • My church

Only 15 % said they would pray for nothing at all. The survey results were surprising in that even though some respondents were not what you would classify as religious, they still believe in the power of prayer. The Church of England prayer site:   http://www.prayoneforme.org/

No comments: