Sunday, March 22, 2009

Worship

If others watched you in worship, what would their perception be...
Joy
Fully involved
Personal
Intimate
Totally dignified
What does the way you worship say about you?

I know there has to be a certain amount of order in the worship and I do love to sing the hymns, repeat the prayers and follow the liturgy but how much of myself do I inject in the process? Do I really listen to the words I'm singing? Do I sing them with joy in my heart? Do I feel for those I'm praying for or do I just mouth the words? When we sing the Doxology during offering, do I truly feel grateful for the gifts I have?

The Pastor, Choir Director, Liturgist, Musicians and the Worship Committee all do their part but I must make every effort to be present in the moment and make the worship my own. God is watching me...does it make Him happy?

Worship changes the worshiper into the image of the One worshiped.
Jack Hayford

No comments: