Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Criticism

Abraham Lincoln said, "He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help". President Lincoln was a wise man. He spent much time in study and contemplation and I believe filtered many of his remarks through his own heart.

How quickly we jump to conclusions. Do you take the time to gather all the facts before opening your mouth? I don't. I admit it is a serious failing of mine. Too many times I desperately need to make my thoughts known on a subject only to find out later that I was wrong. If I had taken the time to collect information, think about them and then filter it through my heart, I would never have spoken. Or at least, I would not have spoken the same words.

Lent will soon be upon us. Instead of giving something up this year, I'm taking something on...meditation. Time spent silently in the presence of God. Allowing Him to mold me, teach me, love me...perhaps my heart filter needs a good cleaning...He is just the one to do it!

No comments: