Thursday, May 6, 2010

Prayers for Nashville

In my little part of the world, not so very far from Nashville, we did not suffer the devastating rain. That, along with the fact that we are surrounded by hills and mountains kept us from the flood waters. While we are thankful for our blessings and for the 4 beautiful days of sunshine and warm weather that have followed the deluge, we cannot forget our neighbors in need.



Donations to help can be made:

Middle Tennessee Red Cross


Vince Gill is headlining a "livestream" telethon tonight, details here

To donate immediately, text "Red Cross" to 90999 to donate $10 now

There is a telling commentary here...

Our prayers go out to those who have lost their homes, their businesses, their lives.
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my Salvation, my stronghold" Psalm 18:2

No comments: