Monday, May 17, 2010

Friends?



I've thought for quite some time now that technology is speeding along at a pace that we cannot handle. Before we have the ability to understand one piece, another has taken it's place. Many would see the video above and say "Wow! How cool is that?", I have to wonder. Cell phones, chat rooms, facebook, etc. have already started to isolate us from each other. Face to face dialogue is almost a thing of the past.

What frightens me most about "Milo" is his ability to pull us yet further away from one another. Why bother with people? Why invest in someone who might ultimately hurt your feelings? Never mind the joy and comfort that a friend can bring into your life...I can picture a young person (or not so young person) who struggles with interpersonal skills loving this. Can't you just see them? Sitting alone in their room...in front of a monitor, wiling away the hours with a cyber friend?

My, oh my, I have to ponder this one...

No comments: