Tuesday, May 11, 2010

For Good

There was a time I felt compelled to put my own interpretation on every video I posted...I've shown the words of the song they are singing below...I think they speak for themselves. If we can all say we've had one such relationship...it would be good. By the way, this is from the play "Wicked"...it's well worth seeing!



FOR GOOD

Glinda: I've heard it said
that people come into our lives for a reason,
bringing something we must learn,
and we are led
to those who help us most to grow
if we let them, and we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true,
but I know I'm who I am today,
because I knew you.

Glinda: Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder half way through the woods.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better,
but, because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.

Elphaba: It well may be,
that we will never meet again, in this lifetime.
So let me say before we part,
so much of me
is made from what I've learned from you.
You'll be with me like a hand print on my heart.
And now what ever way our stories end,
I know you have rewritten mine,
by being my friend.

Elphaba: Like a ship blown from its moorings, by a wind of the sea.
Like a seed dropepd by a sky bird in a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But, because I knew you

Glinda: Because I knew you

Elphaba and Glinda: I have been changed for good.

Elphaba: And just to clear the air,
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for.
Glinda: But then, I guess
We know there's blame to share.
Elphaba and Glinda: And none of it seems to matter anymore...

Elphaba and Glinda: Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better
Glinda: And, because I knew you,
Elphaba: Because I knew you
Elphaba and Glinda: Because I knew you
I have been changed... for good.

No comments: