Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Australian Angel...

Although some may not see this "job" as a blessing. I can understand his position. If you think of it, in the course of our lives how many of us get to see tangible results of helping others?

Working with the youth, sometimes it's hard to see the affect I've had on their lives. Most do not have an "Emmaus" road experience. They grow into their faith. While I do recognize that I serve as a guide in their growth and take great satisfaction and joy from it, and I can see the results of time spent in Youth and Church and Sunday School...there are times that I question, and worry, and doubt. But I recognize that I am blessed to have the opportunity and the gift to work with these young people. And besides, all the questions and worries and doubts are because I love.

One thing I do know, without being told, they give back as much or more than I and that makes it worth all the effort!

No comments: