Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Preparations



Don't know about you but this was something I needed to hear...It should be second nature for us to spend time preparing ourselves for the Coming of the King...and yet, we do get all wrapped up in the secular issues. How differently would I approach midnight on Christmas Eve if I had taken the time to open my heart and mind? How much more fulfilling would the experience be? What would I feel? In years past I have felt relief that all the gifts were bought and all the preparations completed and only really thought about the birth at the Christmas Eve service. How much more peace and joy would I have if I took some time each day to contemplate what is happening, what this event really means to my life and the lives of others...Guess I should make it a point...as if my life depended on it.

No comments: