Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fair Time

All this week the local county Fair has been in full swing...except for the fact that Tropical Storm Lee (I think that's it's name) has been parked over our area since last Sunday. We didn't see sunshine from Saturday afternoon until yesterday morning...my how we missed it! But we had no local flooding and our hearts go out to those who have...

Because of the weather, we weren't able to take Grandson (7 years old) until Thursday evening...at which point he was oh so ready to ride! Given that it was a school night, we couldn't find any friends to ride with him so guess who got elected? I gave it my best shot and actually survived a few rides I didn't think I would...something about age and going round and round...

This one was fun...even if it did make my hair stand up! Too bad you can't see it in action!

Everyone loves Bumper Cars...

This one was a killer...we both resolved to NEVER ride it again! Yikes...

We rode several others but ended the evening on one of our favorites...and it doesn't even require a motor...

I hope you have had (or will soon have) the opportunity to take in a local fair...there's just nothing like it. The smiles on grandson's face were priceless.

No comments: