Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rules for living like Christ...

"The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace."
--Mother Theresa

All of our actions impact the world. Whether it is just the area in which we live or the world at large, each action attributed to us counts...even if we think no one is paying attention.

Our Weekly Youth Bible Study is currently studying Ruben Job's "Three Simple Rules". His inspiration for the book is taken from John Wesley's General Rules to Methodists:
Do no harm, Do good, Stay in love with God. We're on the first one...Do no harm. I knew of these rules, but until I began to prepare for the study, I never realized how hard one "simple" rule could be. "Do no harm"...in other words avoid evil of every kind.

I suppose I should say not that I never realized how hard it could be, but that I never realized how many times we "harm" one another during the course of the day. By
thought, word or deed. By thought, without thought...with a few words or one word...by one little action, or reaction.

At this point, it seems like a daunting task...but others have tried it and been successful...my prayer is that I at least be successful in the attempt.

No comments: