Thursday, September 22, 2011

Swan Lake

I once dreamed of being a ballerina. And in my dreams my dancing was flawless. But alas, the Ballet Instructor at the studio I attended explained to my mother (when I was still quite young) that I would not have the physique when I grew up. Of course, that may have been a kind way of saying, she's not a graceful person! Whatever the reason, my career ended at the grand old age of 8...but in my dreams I was still flawless!

We lived across the street from a very unique family that contained 3 daughters (all older than I)...two of which danced with the NY City Ballet. Whenever they came home to visit they allowed me into their world. Even on vacation they practiced...and I watched. They will never know what joy they brought to my young heart.

I must admit, the rendition of Swan Lake below (performed by the Chinese State Circus) is not technically the Swan Lake I grew up watching but it is breathtaking none the less! The principal dancer is amazing with her style, grace and flexibility...enjoy!

No comments: