Thursday, October 11, 2012

Faith and Hope

Last spring the Youth Bible Study was focused on the "7 Deadly Sins". In order to bring it full circle, this fall (until Advent), we are studying the comparable "Virtues". Last night's lesson was about Faith and Hope, two of the three theological virtues that are qualities of Christian character. 

I knew there had to be a verse or two that would sum up the idea of faith and hope and as I prepared the lesson I read and re-read each of the verses noted. While each dealt with one or the other, none actually encompassed both...at least not as far as my mind and heart could agree. 

And, as often happens, just before lesson time, I hit upon one of my absolute favorites:


Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am thankful that God finds a way to get His word through my sometimes scattered brain. For He, and only He, knows just what to say. 

No comments: