Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wrapped in Love

"Christ will help you see the way He loves you in richer, deeper tones, colors and sounds." I read this quote earlier today and as I savored the feeling of it, the Prayer Shawl Ministry came to mind.

There are several ladies in our congregation who lovingly sew, knit, crochet prayer shawls. As their hands are busy with their needlework, their hearts are busy with prayer. Even though they may not know who will receive the shawl, each contains the power and spirit of God through the touch of their hands.

I had occasion to ask for one for a friend recently and as I opened the closet where they are kept, I was awed by the colors, textures and patterns. I was tempted to shut the doors behind me and spend time admiring each one. Whether they know it or not, these ladies share Christs' love through "
richer, deeper tones, colors and sounds."


No comments: