Monday, September 15, 2008

I love you...

How often do you tell family and/or friends that you love them? Daily? Weekly? Never? Because of the loss of some very important people in my life, I try never to leave home or end a conversation with family and friends without those 3 words. As I'm sure you've heard countless times before, "You never know when might be the last time..."

To a certain extent, it's not necessary to say I love you because it's merely an expression...you know when you are loved or when you love someone. So why say it? Because the expression of love, not just in deed, is important! By the simple act of being brave enough to open your heart to someone you are giving a gift that is yours alone to give. No one else can say it for you.

What about God? Do you ever tell Him that you love Him? I mean actually say, I love you? Many think that God is above all this, that He simply KNOWS we love Him, but that's not true. I mean, He does know it without our saying it but I cannot imagine that comes anywhere near giving Him the joy that He receives when He hears us say it.

God is the ultimate example of love...we love, because He first loved us...He invented it and taught it to us, why wouldn't He want us to affirm that love in words? The Bible teaches us that we are His greatest and most beloved creation...imagine then the joy it gives Him to hear these 3 little words from our lips...

1 comment:

~Kate~ said...

I love you Momma!! Good job on this blog!!