Friday, September 26, 2008

Mom

Last Sunday morning I was standing in the buffet line for breakfast at "Hands and Feet" (a conference mission event)...one of my youth walked up and said, "Ms. Amanda would you get me a biscuit please, I forgot." Of course I said yes...but I was surprised by the adult standing behind me in line...she said, "Ms. Amanda / Mom guess it's the same thing isn't it?"

Well, no, I'm obviously not their Mom but what a compliment to be "interchangeable"! How often in life do we have the opportunity to be that close to and have the confidence of young people? Especially at my age, most young people would look upon me as an "old woman" (I'd like to say middle age but they don't get that technical...you're either young or old). And most of them come to meetings because they want to, not because they have to...I may never know what I've done to deserve their love and their trust, but I thank God every day that He's allowed it to happen.

2 comments:

~Kate~ said...

Mom, (cause I do call you that by birth)

I am sure your youth feel just the same but in reverse. They are lucky to have someone as caring in their lives as you are. I know your Grandson does!! Keep up the great work... Love you!
K~

amanda said...

Thanks baby girl...I can always count on you!