Sunday, August 14, 2011

Church

I attend the church I do by choice. I am "labeled" a United Methodist, by choice. Of all the different churches and denominations I have attended and studied, the United Methodists most closely fit what I believe.

I love the open Communion table.

I love that we believe in One baptism, regardless of which church you were in.

I love that we affirm our faith with the different Creeds.

And I love that I am encouraged to work out my faith, myself...and that the church is there to help...when I need it, when I ask, when I seek them.

There are other things I love within our church, but these are the BIG ones.

Does that mean I agree with every decision or with every word written in the Book of Discipline? No...I do not. But then again, I don't believe Christ calls us to follow others blindly...but He does want us to be part of a community of faith.

This post is not to be read as "I think my church is better than yours"...I do not..my church is where I need to be...it is the place where my soul is fed. This post is only to tell you some of the things that feed me...and to encourage you to be part of a congregation that does the same for you. If you're already there...Wonderful! If not, I pray that you will step out, with the Spirit's guidance, and find yours. You will be glad you did.

No comments: