Friday, August 5, 2011

Silence

Society evolves, I know this, but not all evolution is good. What price must we pay to learn the hard truths? While I realize that email, text, Twitter, Facebook and all the other "electronic" ways of communicating are helpful and useful...and I confess to using them myself...something important is lost. The sound of a voice, the touch of a hand, the eye contact. I can't help thinking of this song:



I pray, that in generations to come, we never lose the desire to be with one another...physically present. While electronics can insulate us and keep our little corner of the world antiseptic and clean while giving us the ability to speak to thousands at one time...it does nothing to help build a relationship. Those are messy and hard and must be nurtured face to face...for ultimately they are what we are made for...relationship one with another.

No comments: