Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flight

I thought this fitting for the 29th of February which is officially "Leap Day".

Joe Ayoob has broken the distance record for the flight of a paper airplane. Of course Guinness has to verify it but it flew for 226 ft. 10"! Far outdistancing the competition at McClellan AFB. Anyone who has ever folded a piece of paper to enjoy the experience of watching it fly...here it is!



Years ago we had a lady in our congregation who was a wizard at folding paper airplanes out of church bulletins. My son could hardly wait for the end of worship so he could dash back and beg her to once again fold his bulletin. But he knew the rules, he could ask her to fold it...but he could NOT fly it in the sanctuary!

One Sunday morning after worship, I was entering the sanctuary from the choir room when an airplane went flying past my nose! What???!!! How many times had I told him??? As I proceeded to speak his name through gritted teeth, one of the "pillars" of the congregation hurried towards me saying, "Don't fuss at him, I've watched for weeks now and just had to see one of them fly, I threw it!" Needless to say, son rode home that day with a smug look on his face. He had watched his airplane soar up towards the lofty roof of the sanctuary, and didn't even get in trouble. It was a good day!

No comments: