Monday, June 4, 2012

Just realized...

that I last posted on Friday. Could have sworn I had a couple set up to post over the weekend but obviously not! Raising an 8 year old grandson, working full time in the "real" world, working part time with the young people at our church along with everything involved with being a wife and mother eat away at my time. Now I know I'm not the only one and I realize that even though things get "tight" from time to time, I am blessed.

With that said, Saturday was one of the laziest days I've had in a long while! Other than feeding hubby and grandson, I spent the day watching some great old movies, reading and just generally lounging around with two of my favorite guys. For years I would have felt guilty for my lack of productivity...there are so many things to get done, it's a waste of time! Right? Wrong! I've come to recognize that we all need a "Sabbath". God Himself decreed it should be so...

I, like many of you, forgo this blessing all too often, and pay the price in oh, so many different ways. Why do we have such a hard time with something so simple? It's ego really. I've convinced myself that unless I spin it, the world won't go 'round and 'round! Sounds pretty arrogant, doesn't it? Thankfully our God is patient and knows what He's doing. He continues to give us the gentle (and some not so gentle) reminders that what we need most is to let Him have more control of our lives and our schedules. Even though it may take a while, that's something I intend to do!

I hope each of you had at least a little time this past weekend for some peace and rest...

No comments: