Thursday, January 24, 2013

Facebook envy?

I've always looked at Facebook as a way to keep up with Youth and with friends / family I don't get to see often...didn't realize there was envy associated with it...



 A study conducted jointly by two German universities found rampant envy on Facebook, the world's largest social network that has more than 1 billion users and has produced an unprecedented platform for social comparison.

The researchers found that one in three people felt worse after visiting the site and more dissatisfied with their lives, while people who browsed without contributing were affected the most.


You can read the rest here..

Then ask yourself, if I am envious of the lives of others, what can I do to change my life or outlook? Or am I really taking this casual information way too seriously?

No comments: