Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happiness

I suppose most all of us try to come up with New Year's resolutions. And everyone knows the hard part is sticking to them. Instead of something specific like...working out every day or watching what I eat or saving more money (all of which are good resolutions)...this year I will just keep a Chinese proverb in mind:

"If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come"

I may not have joy or complete happiness every day of 2013, but I can strive to make my heart a place where contentment lives.

It's silly to believe every day will be sunshine and roses, life isn't like that...but it's not silly to trust that all things that come to me first pass through the hand of God my Father...and He wants what's best for me.

I guess this is the long way around saying that my resolution is to never doubt: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! I do like this point of view.