While you're waiting on lunch or dinner or supper or whatever you call your big meal on Thanksgiving, or waiting on everyone to arrive, or waiting on the ballgame to start...here's a way to entertain your guests...all are Fact or Fiction...
1. Thanksgiving is held on the final Thursday of November each year.
2. One of America's Founding Fathers thought the turkey should be the national bird of the United States.
3. In 1863, Abraham Lincoln became the first American president to proclaim a national day of thanksgiving.
4. Macy's was the first American department store to sponsor a parade in celebration of Thanksgiving.
5. Turkeys are slow-moving birds that lack the ability to fly.
6. Native Americans used cranberries,
now a staple of many Thanksgiving dinners, for cooking as well as
7. The movement of the turkey inspired a ballroom dance.
8. On Thanksgiving Day in 2007, two turkeys earned a trip to Disney World.
9. Turkey contains an amino acid that makes you sleepy.
10. The tradition of playing or watching
football on Thanksgiving started with the first National Football
League game on the holiday in 1934.
Compliments of The History Channel...all answers are here!
Wishing you and yours a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!