Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Young people

I am fortunate in that I've been allowed to work with the young people of our congregation. They range in age from 6th grade to 12th grade (technically, we still have one or two who are now in college)...and if I've learned one thing over the years, we (the church) are trying to minister to the young people in the wrong ways... 

Any time I hear the phrases, "We've always done it this way" or "When I was young, we..." I tend to want to scream, rant, pull out my hair...you get the picture. Just because it used to work, doesn't mean it still will...today's young people are head and shoulders above where we were at the same time, for 2 reasons...technology and information!

This article gives some interesting (important!) information...it's worth the few minutes it takes to read...

"5 Churchy phrases that are scaring off millennials"

No comments: