Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gratefulness

I found a website called Gratefulness (www.gratefulness.org) that is filled with images, thoughts, pictures, poems, activities, etc. all directed toward teaching us how to be more grateful.

It dawned on me while I was enjoying the site how sad it is that we have to be taught or reminded to be grateful. How must it make God our Father feel to know that we take so many (perhaps all) of His gifts for granted. Why not, we deserve them don't we?

I'm sure we have all studied the Word enough to know that we don't deserve any of the blessings we receive from His hand. He gives them freely and lovingly to us, every hour of every day. All He asks is that we thank the Giver and spread the love and joy. Is that too much to ask? No, never!

I am going to make it a quest to be thankful every day, to stop long enough to realize what a joy it is to be here, now. Why don't you join me?

No comments: