Thursday, June 5, 2008

Abba...

While my children were growing up, most of the time they called me "Mom" or "Mama"...if I heard them say "Mommy" I knew something was up. They were afraid, confused or hurting and I immediately reached out to hold them...they needed to feel safe and loved.

In the New Testament you will see the Hebrew word "Abba" used for God. This word goes beyond calling Him "Father", it means "Daddy". Did you realize you could reach out for your heavenly Father the same way you can your earthly one? When life's troubles push you to the point of needing someone to take care of you, call out...Abba, Father and He will be the one to put His arms around you and bring you peace. Remember Romans 8:26-27a, "In the same way the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit..."

No comments: