Saturday, June 14, 2008

More Labels

We not only limit the way we view people by placing labels on them, we do the same to the events of our lives. Without a doubt there are occasions where we find ourselves threatened, fearful, nervous, or worried when we find ourselves in need of strength and courage. Changing the way we label these moments enables us to expect and eventually discover good, in spite of the physical or emotional pain.

It is important to trust God to see us through and to help us see why the experience was not only good for us, but necessary for our spiritual development. When things are tough, say, "OK Lord, you're going to need to explain this someday, because right now it just hurts too much. Until then, I trust you will work this into your plan for my life."

I might be tempted to say, "Oh Lord, do I need another lesson, another opportunity to grow right now? A little rest would be appreciated!"

There is a reason why many Christians memorize Philippians 4:13 NRSV
I can do all things through him [Christ], who strengthens me.


No comments: