Thursday, August 28, 2008

Prayer

I daresay none of us (myself especially) spend enough time in prayer. Throughout the course of the day I will send up short little "breath" prayers. To find an answer for a problem, for strength to face a particular challenge, or any other trial I happen to be facing at the moment. While these type of prayers are valid and get us through our day, they should never replace time spent "in prayer", time spent with God alone.

Most of my waking hours at my "real job" sitting at the desk...on the telephone, in meetings or on the computer. Generally none of these activities makes one think of prayer...but things have a way of changing! The computer has become a place of prayer! Take some time to explore the following websites and see if they can add another dimension to your prayer life.

http://www.rejesus.co.uk/spirituality/post_prayer/index.html

www.sacredspace.ie

You may be surprised where you can find God in our world of technology!

No comments: