Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dating??!!

I was reading an article on the Internet the other day and happened to glance at the advertisements in the side bar. It listed some "articles"..."The biggest first date turnoffs", "Translating what men say into what men really mean", "Tell tale signs he's lying to you" and "Six ways to train your boyfriend".

If I read this correctly, you're dating someone but you're not to trust them and can't believe a word they say...What? I guess I married too young to run into these kinds of relationships and all I can say is...Boy, am I glad! This sounds like nothing short of "game playing" and being something or someone you're not.

The biggest first date turn offs? In whose opinion? So am I to pretend to be someone I'm not...don't let them get to know me, let them think I'm someone they may like better? How do you know what that is?

Translating what they say into what they mean? So, they're not saying what they mean? Making small talk to avoid letting you see who they really are? Sounds to me that you could carry on a relationship for quite some time and not really know anything worthwhile about the person you're dating.

Tell tale signs he's lying to you? One of the clues is "he sticks his whole hands in his pockets"...so even though that may be a habit, it must mean he's lying!

6 ways to train your boyfriend? Train him to do what? Tricks? So you liked him enough to go out with him and now you have to mold him into someone else? Why go out in the first place? I am old enough to know, this doesn't work but my main question is...why?

Whatever happened to just being yourself and getting to know the other person? Continuing or ending the relationship based on truth and honesty rather than perceptions? My advice? Don't play games. Trust your heart and let God lead you...make Him part of the relationship and He will bless it.

No comments: