Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Hero in my eyes


My daughter has served in the military for 9+ years now and although I have never answered the "knock at the door", she and those who serve with her are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers.

We did not ask for war.  We do not want war.  But there are those in the world who want to bring war to us, for whatever distorted, irrational reasons they may have.  It is men like Sergeant Michael Prince, and women and families like his, who out of a sense of duty and commitment to others beyond themselves, willingly answer the call to meet the terror, to pay the price, not out of revenge, not in anger, but out of the desire to protect family, home and country.  We are humbled by such largeness of character.

Read the story of a hero and his family here.







No comments: