Saturday, October 8, 2011

Speaking out...

"We have to live with “the world as it is”, full of different people, opinions and thoughts, while always remembering that our purpose is to remain true to Christ and His Word within this increasingly differentiated world." Blessed Pope John Paul II

It is all too easy, in our human condition, to let the words or actions of another make us react in a less than "Christian" way. After all, those words or actions were attacking my faith, my church, my family, my country, my God! Am I just to sit idly by and let them say whatever they please?

Sometimes, yes...we must sit by and let them say or do "those things"...others recognize their motivations without me pointing them out.

Sometimes we should respond, but never without thought and prayer...never lashing out in anger. If I call myself a Christian, then others see me as a mouthpiece for God (even though I don't deserve the title), is this what He would say? Does He really need me to fight this battle? If so, how would His Son handle it?

The quote above is a wonderful guideline to follow...and I truly need to memorize it!

No comments: