Sunday, October 9, 2011

Labyrinth

Labyrinths are one of my favorite meditation tools. But alas, I don't live anywhere near (unless you call 85 miles away near) a permanent one.
I was able to visit a wonderful one (which was set in the woods) several times during my retreat this spring and our Youth group has a portable one (called The Prayer Path), marked on tarps that we put out from time to time...but to walk as often as I like, I've had to get creative!

I have a hand held replica of the Chartes labyrinth(with stylus) that I carry in my purse and then there are those you can follow online...such as the one at Gratefulness.org or the Prayer Path linked above.

If you've never had a chance, or never taken the time, please do so! Don't be concerned that you don't know what you're doing. Labyrinths are not like a maze...there is only one way in and one way out. You walk at your own pace and spend as much time in the middle as you like. All it takes is one step...

No comments: