Saturday, March 26, 2011

God's Will...

Take a moment to read Adam Hamilton's thoughts on the Japanese Earthquake...

"As a pastor, I've spent 25 years working through the problem of suffering with my congregation. While it is natural, in the midst of intense grief and loss, to blame both God and ourselves for terrible tragedies (God is punishing me for something I've done/God is punishing our nation for something we've done), these answers miss the mark."

Japan's Earthquake and the Will of God

If you take the time to read the "Comments" section (I almost never do)...please do so with Rev. Hamilton's thoughts in mind: As you read the comments you'll see that there are a lot of folks commenting with pretty negative responses - not so much to my essay I don't think, many did not seem to have even read the essay, but to the very idea of God. I've noticed when someone posts an article mentioning God on most secular news site these days there is an increasing hostility towards religion in the responses.

No comments: